I am looking for a list of NGOs in Pakistan
What are the national and international NGOs operating in Pakistan or a a list of NGOs in Pakistan? Is there any kind of NGO directory Pakistan available? Or NGO database for Pakistan? I’m a volunteer currently looking for NGOs working in Pakistan. Please do provide contact information along with other details. Also is it possible to find a list of NGOs in Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad and Peshawar.
Some Articles I found on alifyay
WEBSITE FOR SALE EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
NGOs (non-governmental organizations) are generally set up by citizens and funded by government, businesses or volunteers. They engage in wide range of activities such as humanitarian relief, education, healthcare, rehabilitation and protection against violence, etc.
List of NGOs currently operating in Pakistan are as under:
Adventist Development and Relief Agency
ADRA is a humanitarian agency founded in 1956 for the purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief.
Focus: Food security, economic progress, basic health and education and emergency management
AFS Intercultural Programs
AFSIP was founded in 1915 by an economics professor at Harvard University and began as service of volunteer ambulance drivers and eventually shaped into an international youth exchange organization.
Focus: student exchange and intercultural learning programs.
ActionAid is a non-governmental organization founded in 1972 as a child sponsorship charity and today this organization is working worldwide including Pakistan to further human rights for all and defeat poverty.
Focus: human rights, women rights, food rights, emergency and conflicts and climate change.
American Himalaya Foundation Pakistan
AHFP is an NGO founded in 1968 to help communities living throughout the Himalayas
Focus: Building schools, trees plantation, training doctors, funds hospitals, take care of children and elderly and reconstruction of scared sites.
Asian Human Rights Development Organization
It is the first human rights organization registered with federal government of Pakistan. It was founded in 1999 under the section 42 of Companies Ordinance, 1984.
Focus: natural disasters, human rights, domestic violence, education and health, safety and security.
Association for the Development of Pakistan
ADP is a non-governmental organization which works to improve the lifestyles of poor and underprivileged of Pakistan by providing support for development projects. ADF managed to raise $400,000 for earthquake relief (2005) in two months.
Focus: Environment, education, health, gender equality, labor and food rights.
Aurat Foundation was established under the societies Registration Act 1886. It is a civil society organization working for empowering women and citizens and influencing social attitudes and behavior.
Agha Khan Rural Support Program
It is a private non-profit organization founded by Agha Khan Foundation in 1982 to enhance the lives of villagers of Gilgit and Chitral.
Focus: Natural resource management, women development, social organization, human resource development, community infrastructure, enterprise promotion and credit and savings.
Braille without Borders Pakistan
BWB is an international non-governmental organization working for blind citizens in developing countries.
It is an international NGO founded in 1945 and is operating in more than 90 countries.
Focus: Water and sanitation, emergency responses, food security, economic development, climate change, agriculture and health.
Cartias Pakistan is a Roman Catholic humanitarian organization working in Pakistan for 50 years and is affiliated with Cartias International.
Focus: Reducing poverty and injustice.
CC is a non-for-profit organization established in 1982 by former US Present Jinny Carter and his wife Rosalynn to alleviate human sufferings and human rights.
Focus: peaceful solutions to conflicts, human rights, democracy, and economic and social development.
ChildReach is a London based non-profit organization established in 2004. It is working at grassroots level providing healthcare and education poor children by empowering locals.
Focus: Healthcare and Education
It is an international non-governmental organization based in US. It was founded in 1897 and the organization is working on protectin nature and environment.
Consumer Rights Commission of Pakistan
CRCP is a civil-based organization registered under Trust Act, 1882 and established in 1998 as a non-profit organization. CRCP is administered by highly skilled professionals consistently working on consumer rights issues.
Focus: Consumer rights
David and Lucile Foundation
It is a private foundation that provides funds to non-profit-organizations. It was established in 1964 by David Packard (co-founder of HP) and his wife Lucile Packard. In 2003, David and Lucile Foundation ranked the 9th wealthiest foundations in the US.
Focus: Enhance lives of children, advance reproductive health and conserves and restore world’s natural systems.
Edhi Foundation is a non-governmental organization established in 1954 by Abdul Satar Edhi and the headquarters are in Karachi, Pakistan. It provides emergency services in all over Pakistan and abroad. Other services include drug addiction centers, medical care, free hospitals, and national and international relief programs. Edhi Foundation has established world’s largest ambulance network in Pakistan.
Focus: Handicapped persons, shelter homes, healthcare, education, Blood and Drug bank, air ambulance services, orphans, widows, international community centers and Marine and Coastal Services.
Environmental Defense Fund
EDF is a non-governmental organization founded in 1967 and is known for its work on environmental solutions and human health.
Focus: Global warning, oceans, human health and ecosystems.
Family Health International
FHI is a human developmental organization working on improving lives of communities and providing health and education. It was founded in 1971 and is working in more than 70 countries. It has successfully completed thousands of projects over the past few decades.
Focus: Civil society, youth, nutrition, health, environment, gender equality, family planning and reproductive health.
Fatima Jinnah Trust
Fatima Jinnah Trust is a non-profit private organization founded by Fatima Jinnah who was one of the leading dental surgeon and a stateswoman.
Focus: health, education, human rights, social development and women rights.
It was established in 1936 with a mission to promote human welfare. For many years, the organization was the largest foundation in world.
Focus: Economic empowerment, human rights, democracy, education, the creative arts and the third world growth and development.
Friends of Pakistan
It aims to promote democracy and human rights and was established in 2008.
Focus: Development, energy and institution building, human rights, democracy and community empowerment.
Ham Qadam Welfare Organization
It is a privately owned non-gov1ernment organization and was founded in 2010 and working on community based welfare projects.
Focus: Discrimination, violence, health, special education, labor rights, women development, gender equality and vocational and computer health.
Fatima Welfare Foundation
It is a non-governmental, non-political and not-for-profit organization based in KPX, Pakistan. It provides broad range of social activities and citizen community boards. The organization was largely involved in relief and rehabilitation during floods 2010.
Focus: Human rights, women empowerment, child protection, education and literacy, health and nutrition, human resource development, infrastructure, forestry, agriculture and emergency disaster relief.
Pakistan Red Crescent Society
It is the oldest and honored humanitarian organization in world and headquarters are in Geneva, Switzerland. It is most widely known organization in the world having won three noble peace prizes.
Focus: Humanitarian relief
Islamic Relief Pakistan
IR is an international non—governmental organization providing development programs and humanitarian relief around the world regardless of age, gender or belief.
Institute of Rural Management Pakistan
It started as a single room human resource development organization which eventually became institute of Rural Development. It trains over 50,000 people annually.
The Asia Foundation Pakistan
AF is a non-governmental organization working on improving lives across developing Asia.
Focus: Education, health, human rights and social development.
The Citizens Foundation
It is one of the largest non-governmental organizations in Pakistan in education sector. It was founded in 1995 by a group of people in Karachi.
Focus: Building schools and providing quality education in rural and urban areas of Pakistan.
Other prGOs include:
The Fred Hollows foundation
The mountain institute
The terma foundation
Sustainable development policy institute
Sayani welfare international trust
Society for sustainable development
Minhaj Welfare Foundation
Rural education and development foundation
Rising Sun institute
Prevention of Blindness trust
Population services international
Pakistan Heart Foundation
Pak education society/Pakistan Development Network
Pakistan cave research and caving federation
Sarhad Rural Support Program
Volunteers in Asia
Village health organization
Voluntary services overseas
War Against Rape
Wheelchair foundation Pakistan
Wildlife Conservation Society
Women media center
Youth Parliament of Pakistan
List of NGOs in Islamabad
- Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF): 1 Hill View Road, Banigala, Islamabad, Phone no: 051-2613934-50.
- Pakistan Micro Finance Network (PMN): 117, Street #66, F-11/4, Islamabad, Phone no: 051-2292331-32.
- BRAC Pakistan: House #397, Street #13, Sector #F 10/2, Islamabad, Phone no: 051-2213451.
- National Rural Support Programme (NRSP): 46 Agha Khan Road, F-6/4, Islamabad, Phone no: 051-2822324, 051-2822319.
- SPARC Society for the Protection of the Rights of the Child: No. 7, Second Floor, 109 West Sardar, Begum Plaza, Blue Area, P.O. Box 301, Islamabad.
- Progressive Women’s Association: #24-A Street #38, F-8/1, Islamabad, Phone no: 051-2252829.
- Urban Poverty Alleviation Programme: UPAP 46, Agha Khan Road, F-6/4, Islamabad, Phone no: 051-2828476.
- Rural Support Programmes Network (RSPN): House #7, Street #49, F-6/4, Islamabad, Phone no: 051-2821736.
- Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy (PCP): 1-A, Street #14, Main Kohsar Road, F-8/3, Islamabad, Phone no: 051-2855903-4.
- Empowerment through Creative Integration (ECI): Plot #11-13 raja Iftikhar Sabri Street, Phulgran Road, Shahpur Bhara Kahu, Islamabad, Phone no: 051-2230895-7.
List of NGOs in Karachi, Hyderabad & Sindh
- OPP- Orangi Charitable Trust: Plot No. Street #4, Sector 5-A, Qasba Colony Magopir, Karachi, Phone no: 021-36665696, 021-3665802, Fax: 021-36699347.
- Rozgar Microfinance Bank: Business Executive Centre, F-17, Block 8, Clifton, Karachi, Phone no: 021-35865119, Fax: 021-35865145.
- Sindh Agricultural & Forestry Workers: H. No 415/416, Near Beacon House School, Qasimabad Phase-1, Hyderabad, Phone no: 022-2650996, 022-2655860, Fax: 022-2655860.
- Sindh Rural Society Organization (SRSO): Bungalow No. B-34, Hamza Society, Airport Road, Sukkur, Phone no: 071-5630684
- Thardeep Rural Development Programme: Near Dargah Hussain Shah, Siran Mithi, Phone no: 0232-261462, 0232-261661, Fax: 0232-261379.
List of NGOs in Lahore, Punjab
- Akhuwat: House #382, Block 15, Sector B-1, Township, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35122743
- ASASAH: House #249 A-1, Wafaqi Colony Lahore, Phone no: 0423-5175707-10.
- Community Support Concern (CSC): 319, 4-D/1, New Township, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35120410, 351236, Fax: 042-35116343.
- Development Action for Mobilization: 26-C, Nawab Town, Raiwind Road, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35310471-2 Fax: 042-353104731.
- Farmers Friend Organization (FFO): 29-A, Civil Lines, Opposite Meezan Bank, Sargodha Road, Sheikhupura, Ph: 056-3813202, 056-3780045.
- Ghazi Barotha Taraqiati Idara (GBTI): P.O. Box 11, Off GT Road, Hattan, Attock, Phone no: 057 – 2640201, Fax: 057 – 2640202.
- Jinnah Welfere Society: 11 Jinnah Road, link D.C Road, Gujranwala, Phone no: 0553-255527, 0553-255528, Fax: 0553-255528.
- Kashf Microfiance Bank: 387-E, Johar Town, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35222852-53, Fax: 042-35222851.
- Punjab Rural Support Programme (PRSP): 33rd Civic Centre, Mustafa Town, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35426131-2, Fax: 042-35426133.
- RCDS: 1st Floor, Hajvery Plaza, Khajooranwala, Old Baradari Road, Begum Kot Shahdra, Lahore, Phone no: +92 42-37901130 – 37.
- Wasil Foundation (formerly CWCD): 148, P Block, Model town extension, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35167135, 351676, Fax: 042-35166954.
- South Asia Partnership (SAP) Pakistan: Haseeb Memorial Trust Building, Nasir Abad, Raiwind Road, Lahore, Phone no: 042-5311701-06.
- Ajoka Theater: 2nd Floor, 65 Commercial Area, Cavalry Ground, Lahore, Phone no: 042-36682443, 36686634.
- Shirkat Gah: 68-Tipu Block, New Garden Town, Lahore, Phone no: 5836554-5838815-5832448
- The Himmat Society: H 102, H Block Model Town, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35884324
- Aurat Foundation: House # 35-G, Gulberg-III, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35858654-60
- Citizen Commission for Human: House # 42, Tipu Block, New Garden Town, Lahore
- Caritas Pakistan: 23-3, Race Course Road, Lahore, Phone no: 6315584-85
- ANCE: 10-New Shalimar Road, Nawn Kot, Multan Road, Lahore, Phone no: 7460285-6665406.
- Ali Institute of Education: Shahrah-e-Roomi, Ferozpur Road, Near Gulab Devi Hospital, Lahore.
- Narowal Rural Development Program: Chowck Jassar Bypass Circular Road, Narowal, Phone no: 0542-413085.
- Rural Community Development Society: Mandi Faizabad, Tehsil Nankana Sahib, Sheikhupura, Phone no: 056-2882050.
- OPD: Ittefaq Street, Near Sui Gas Office, Sui Gas Road, Gujranawala, P.O.BOX # 442, Phone no: 055-3735604.
- Mojaz Foundation: Opposite DCO House, Narowal, Phone no: 054-2412313.
- PIEDAR: 1, Ahmed Block, Garden Town, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35867484-6.
- Interactive Resource Center: H # 102-B Nawab Town Raiwind Road, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35313038-9.
- AGHS Law Associates: 131-E/1 Gulberg-III, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35763234-5.
- SIMORGH: 20-A, 2/7 Fountain Corner, Canal Park, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35757195, 042-35750879.
- Church World Service(CWS): 256-N-Block Model Town Extension, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35160580.
- ASR Resource Center/IWSL: 86 A-G-Block Gulberg – III, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35882617-18.
- Human Rights Commission of Pakistan: 107, Tipu Block New Garden Town, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35838341.
- Idara-e-Taleem-o-Aghahi (ITA): 41, Model Town Extension, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35173005-7.
- Home Net Pakistan: LDA Garden View Apartments, Lawrence Road, Lahore, Phone no: 042-36313186-88.
- Punjab Lok Sujag: Flate #08, 3rd Floor RB-1, Awami Complex, New Garden Town, Lahore, Phone no: 042-35848157, 042-35886454.
- HEAL TRUST: 157-E Upper Portion, Ghazi Lane, New Super Town, Lahore Cantt, Phone no: 0333-4237672.
List of NGOs in Peshawar and KPK
- Sarhad Rural Support Programme (SRSP): Defence Officers Colony Peshawar, Phone no: 091-9211417,9210585, Fax: 091-276734.
- Sungi Development Foundation: Near Forest Check Post , SHimla Hill , Opposite Sherwan Road, Abbottabad, Phone no: 0992 337313-14, Fax: 0992-331726.